I fell on my front but injured my back

January 12, 2014

Roxana asked The Guru for the following Physiotherapy Advice:

… I feel like I have awoken an old whiplash injury – is that possible?

Why don’t my migraines go away when painkillers help my back ache???

My GP says I have to wait a week (to Wednesday) before seeing you – is it wise to wait so long?

January 12, 2014

Hi Roxana

Yes, totally possible. It’s all about what you’ve done rather than when you’ve done it. Whiplash included.

70% of migraines are due to neck issues, the other 30% may not be due to a musculoskeletal issue. If it’s your poor mechanics causing the migraines then taking a pill will not alter those mechanics and your symptoms will stay the same.

….not sure about having to wait a week. I think the sooner the better…

The Guru

Guru Responded

Have more questions?

If you're struggling with Headaches, Neck issues then we'd love to help. We offer appointments within 24 hours whether face to face at one of our London Physio Clinics, virtually or if you’d prefer we can arrange a home visit.

Request An Appointment

We aim to get back to you within an hour

How should we contact you?